Well, this task was difficult until Carrd came onto the scene. This website builder has completely changed the game and has become the number one choice when it comes to building landing pages.
In this article, we will give a comprehensive rundown of Carrd, how it works and how to use Carrd. Let's get down to brass tacks, shall we?
What is Carrd?In simple terms, Carrd is a unique website-building platform specifically aimed at small businesses and individuals who just want a clean, functional single-page website. This tool comes in handy, whether you're trying to promote your brand or create a landing page to direct visitors to your other platforms.
Despite its simple outlook, Carrd comes with a wide range of features that give users an optimized experience and this makes it a popular choice among brands and individuals.
Features and ease of useThis website builder contains various features and Carrd themes to make the site-building process easier for anyone. Some features of Carrd that make it so popular among users include:
- Buttons galore
Why Use Carrd?Carrd is an excellent option for small brands and startups. It helps these small businesses avoid the rigors of full-scall website development. Here are some reasons why both businesses and individuals should use this website builder:
BusinessesFor any business looking to create a clean, simplistic, and attractive landing page, Carrd is the perfect answer. This efficient website builder lets businesses establish a simple web presence with contact details and links to their social media platforms. A popular use of Carrd is the Black Lives Matter website.
IndividualsIndividuals, such as freelancers and visual artists, can use this tool to display their portfolios or personal information to their target audience. For instance, an author could create a portfolio with links to their published works. This solution makes it easier for potential readers and publishers to access your works.
Card vs Wix: Which is the better platform?Carrd has often been compared to several website building platforms like Wix and Weebly. But is it the better website builder? Should you use Carrd? Well, it all depends on what you're trying to achieve.
Carrd is a single-page builder that focuses on creating only single-page websites or landing pages for users. This unique feature makes it less robust in comparison to other tools like Wix used for building multi-page websites. However, this lack of multiple-page options is not a problem if you're looking to create a single-page site.
Moreover, what Carrd lacks in advanced website building, it makes up for in affordability and ease of use. Carrd is a great option if you're looking for an affordable page builder. In fact, the most expensive plan on Carrd costs just about $99 per year. This price tag is in sharp contrast to Wix's Business and e-commerce plan, which costs $23 per month ($276 per year).
How to create a Carrd profile: full Carrd tutorialCreating a Carrd profile and making a Carrd is quite easy, even for beginners. Ready to create your landing page? Let's walk through a basic Carrd tutorial:
- Visit the Carrd website, sign up and then click on "Choose a starting point" to start the process.
- Once you've signed in, you would need to choose a format or template that suits what you're trying to create. Carrd offers several format categories for your site pages such as portfolio, forms, landing, and profile. Choose the format that works best for you or build a new one from scratch if you can't find any that suits your preferences.
- After selecting a layout, you would be immediately redirected to the site template. On this page, you will find helpful instructions on what each button does, including the "Add element", "Menu", and "Mobile view" buttons. Look through the instructions carefully and click on "Okay. Got it!" to continue.
- If you want to edit an element on the page, click on it and you would find the relevant prompts for editing.
- Next, choose your background: a gradient, image, or video. You can check out different options until you find a fitting background.
- After selecting a background, you can go on to edit the first page and add all necessary elements. You can play around with elements like size and colors until you find what you want. Besides, you can add table elements or icon elements, depending on what you're trying to build.
- If you're trying to create columns for organizing your content, click on the "Add element" button, select "container" and change the container option to "columns".
- Add a video or audio file by selecting the button from the "Add element" menu and pasting the file's link into the box on the sidebar.
- Switch to the mobile view and then optimize your landing page for mobile use.
- Once you're done, you can now take your Carrd site live by clicking the "Save" button on the menu.
Pro tip: If you're trying to simulate the effects of having Carrd multiple pages, you could create sections by clicking "Add element", then "control" to create a new control element. Set "Type" to "Section Break" and then make the necessary adjustments.
Pricing and SupportBefore you get started with Carrd, you'd need to select a plan first. You could try out the free version or choose a paid plan. Here is a list of Carrd's plans and prices:
- Pro Lite - $9 a year
- Pro Standard - $19 a year
- Pro Plus - $49 a year